Thursday, March 24, 2016

Carla Anne Hart & Hershey

Who is in the photo at right?

Hello, my name is Carla Anne Hart and this is my chocolate lab, Hershey. I am in the middle of transitioning jobs. I’ve spent the last 20+ years creating and working in Children’s Hospital School programs across the country and now will be diving into the world of hair and hair design. This has been a passion area of mine for most of my life, and now, I have the opportunity to explore that field. I also love to write, create stories and blog. Hershey is my chocolate lab who is 10 years young! He still bounds around like a puppy, which recently resulted in a torn ACL. Ouch!

What's the occasion for Coffee with a Canine?

Hershey and I have coffee every morning while I check emails and conduct research on book and blog ideas.

What's brewing?

I grind and brew my coffee at home using local coffee beans. We are fortunate here in the Northwest as there are many yummy brands to choose from. I take my coffee with cream and like it extra hot!

Any treats for you or Hershey on this occasion?

Hershey usually gets a taste of peanut butter or yogurt from my breakfast. Today, he got yogurt.

How were you and Hershey united?

Hershey and I met here in Boise 10 years ago at his breeder's home. I saw him staring up at me with a curious glance and that’s all it took. He was such a sweet puppy that the breeders secretly wanted to keep him. Luckily, let me take him home!

"Hershey" is a great name for a chocolate lab, but did you consider any other names? Any aliases?

Hershey has quite a few nicknames depending on the day and his personality at the moment. A few of those names would include: Bean, Little Buddy, Peanut Butter, Wiggler, Love Bug and Angel.

Has Hershey had any influence on your writing?

Hershey is a calming force when it comes to my writing. He most often curls up right at my feet and sleeps peacefully while I write. He brings a sense of peace to the area where I sit and helps me to focus my thoughts. I take breaks to sit down next to him, snuggle him up and tell him how much I love him.

Cat, postman, squirrel...?

Squirrel! In fact he has a “friend” who loves to taunt him by running back and forth on the top of the backyard fence.

Ball, squeaky-toy, stick...?

Stick for sure! He has been known to seek out a tree branch or two thinking we can play fetch with that!

Who is Hershey's best pet-pal?

Hershey doesn’t meet a stranger; any dog that we meet on our walks or hikes is his best friend.

What is Hershey's best quality?

Hershey’s best quality is his unconditional love. He gives it freely and to anyone who will accept it.

Where is Hershey's favorite outdoor destination?

Hershey loves to hike in the foothills of Boise, as well as walk the greenbelt along the Boise River. The walk along the river is a win-win as he gets to walk first and then take in a swim on the way back home.

If Hershey could change one thing about Idahoans, what would it be?

Hershey wouldn’t change anything about Idahoans. He loves them because the city is dog friendly, the people are “dog people” and very active as well. He loves that they get outside frequently and walk, hike, run, swim and have fun…all of his favorites.

If Hershey could answer only one question in English, what would you ask him?

Do you know how much I love you?

If Hollywood made a movie about your life in which Hershey could speak, who should voice him?

Someone whose voice is kind and calm would voice Hershey in a movie of our life.

What advice would Hershey give if asked?

Hershey would give the following advice:
  • Let everyone in your life know how much he or she means to you-every day.
  • Show gratitude- everyday.
  • Hospitality matters.
  • Be gentle with yourself and others.
  • Naps are great and so are treats, especially when shared with your best friend.
Visit Carla Anne Hart's website, Facebook page, and Twitter perch.

--Marshal Zeringue

No comments:

Post a Comment