Monday, January 4, 2016

Anna-Louise Taylor & Sadie

Who is in the photo at right?

Hey! I’m Anna-Louise Taylor, and my friends call me A-Lo. I’m a digital producer for BBC Food. This is my dog Sadie, a six-year-old female schnoodle! That’s a mix of Miniature Schnauzer and Miniature Poodle.

What's the occasion for Coffee with a Canine?

Sadie and I love a good mooch around Bristol on a Saturday – we cross the river from Southville and walk around the harbour, before taking in the gorgeous food at St Nick’s Market. Then no walk is complete without a stop in the best Bristol coffee shop, Full Court Press.

They really know their stuff in there, they have amazing specialty roasts every day, and they love Sadie.

What's brewing?

I grew up in New Zealand, so have been drinking flat whites since I was a teenager!

It’s always got to be a flat white for me, and I always choose my roast at Full Court Press based on their tasting notes. I love a caramel or liquorice note.

Any goodies to go with the coffee?

A Hart’s Bakery cinnamon bun, which Full Court Press always have in, unless they’ve already sold out. Honestly, the best baked bun I’ve tasted.

How were you and Sadie united?

I had been desperate for a dog of my own for many years, after growing up with an English Springer Spaniel called Rosie. I badly pined for one for about two years and did a lot of research in that time about the best type of breed for me.

Although I love big dogs, I needed a small dog that I could travel with around London and further afield. I also wanted one that didn’t moult, to reduce chance of allergies, one that was playful yet clever, sociable, affectionate, easy to train, and that liked sleeping. A lot like me!

So after settling on schnoodles, I found her through a breeder on the internet. She’s actually a Brummie!

Any treats for Sadie on this occasion?

Sadie often gets the pastry crumbs! She really does love human food a lot more than dog food.

How did Sadie get her name? Does she have any nicknames?

She was going to be called Suki, but Sadie just suited her better. I also call her shadow, little black shadow, or little black mamba as she follows me everywhere.

Tennis ball, stick, squeaky-toy...?

She loves all toys she can rip apart and pull the stuffing out of! Anything with a squeaker…

Postman, cat, squirrel...?

She loves to chase squirrels, rabbits, and will regularly try and make friends with cats. That never works out too well.

Where is Sadie's favorite place for an outing?

Sadie hates water, but she absolutely loves the outdoors, anywhere she can be off lead, get muddy, sniff out scent trails and roll about in fox poo! She loves Ashton Court, The Downs and Snuff Mills in Bristol.

Who is Sadie's best pet-pal?

She goes wild for a beautiful little dog called Otto in our local park. But she’ll pretty much cuddle up to any other small dog!

What is Sadie's most endearing quality?

She is undeniably affectionate. She loves being picked up and cuddled, and once you’ve won her over she’ll be your friend for life.

Give her a cuddle and she will go straight in for face licks, and she loves to snuggle up on your lap, in the crook of your knee or sleep with her head resting on your ankle or shoulder.

If Sadie could change one thing about Bristolians, what would it be?

She wouldn’t change anything. Bristolians are the loveliest people.

If Hollywood made a movie about your life in which Sadie could speak, who should voice her?

Ooh tough question! Probably Amy Schumer. I am sure she would be completely hilarious and have an American accent.

If Sadie could answer only one question in English, what would you ask her?

Were you reincarnated from a person to a dog?

Photos credit: Bart Corpe.

Visit Anna-Louise Taylor's Twitter perch.

--Marshal Zeringue

No comments:

Post a Comment