Monday, July 20, 2015

Luke Murphy & Costner

Who is in the photo at right?

My name is Luke Murphy and that’s my buddy, Costner. I’m a husband, father, teacher, tutor and author. Costner is a thirteen year-old, male pug. Costner and I have a special bond. In a home with my wife and three daughters, Costner and I are the only males, so we stick together.

What's the occasion for Coffee with a Canine?

Today, Costner and I are celebrating the release of my new thriller, Kiss & Tell.

What's brewing?

My coffee of choice is “Backpacker’s Brew” with a shot of Hazelnut cream. It is prepared in my wife’s new Suncafé Coffee Pod Brewer.

Any treats for you or Costner on this occasion?

No treats for me (at my age, I have to control myself around sweets. Costner is enjoying one (maybe two, wink, wink) chicken-flavored Marr-O-Treats.

Readers can learn about how Costner got his name from your 2013 Q & A here. Has he acquired any new nicknames since then?

No new nicknames, although my two year-old calls him “Buddy-Cos.”

Did Costner have any influence on your new novel?

Costner is my biggest supporter in the house. He sleeps in his bed by my desk every day when I write. He was also an inspiration for a character in my book. One of my “suspicious” suspects has a chubby, brown and black pug that he is walking when confronted by the police.

Ball, squeaky-toy, stick...?

Costner is not a “toy” kind of dog. He’s more interested in treats and snacks.

Where is Costner's favorite outdoor destination?

Definitely the park. We live only a short walk away from a local park and when we go there, if it isn’t busy, I let Costner off his leash to run free. He loves it.

If your dog could change one thing about the people of Western Quebec, what would it be?

More leniency on dogs running free in town.

What advice would Costner give if asked?

Enjoy your treats, because if you gain even a few extra pounds, they can be taken away. He learned this the hard way.

Visit Luke Murphy's website, blog, Facebook page, and Twitter perch.

Coffee with a Canine: Luke Murphy & Costner (March 2013).


--Marshal Zeringue

3 comments: