Monday, June 29, 2015

Amy Fellner Dominy & Riley

Who is in the photo at right?

Hi! I’m Amy Fellner Dominy, the author of novels for teens. My latest book just came out a couple of weeks ago, A Matter of Heart.

Riley is a Sheltie. He’ll be thirteen in August.

What's the occasion for Coffee with a Canine?

A relaxed morning sitting out in the backyard, enjoying a cup of coffee and Phoenix sunshine.

What's brewing?

Keurig coffee, Starbuck’s Pike Place, black. (Dairy allergy really takes the fun out of coffee drinks.)

Any treats for you or Riley on this occasion?

No, Riley is a night snacker. (And, um, so is his owner.)

How were you and Riley united?

He was first introduced to my daughter, Rachel, by her third grade teacher who brought in a litter of puppies. It took one afternoon for her to convince us that we had to adopt Riley.

How did your dog get his name? Any aliases?

Riley was a Scottish-sounding name and seemed to fit. Though he’s most often called Roo-Dog or simply, The Roo. He answers to anything if you have food.

Does Riley do more to help or hinder your writing?

He tries to be supportive by lying at my feet as I write. Normally, it’s nice but all bets are off on days when he snores.

Has Riley inspired the creation of any fictional dogs?

You know, I was just thinking that I should have a dog in one of my books. I’m going to work on that!

What is Riley's best quality?

He doesn’t drool.

And, he dances with me.

Who is Riley's best pet-pal?

He gets along with our cat, Lola, but he’s most interested in the random butts of dogs in the neighborhood.

If Riley could change one thing about Arizonans, what would it be?

He would want them to be more clumsy and drop more food along the street and on the trails.

If Riley could answer only one question in English, what would you ask him?

Have you actually lost your hearing or are you only pretending not to hear when I call you?

What advice would Riley give if asked?

Start everyday with a good stretch—you’ll feel much better.

Visit Amy Fellner Dominy's website, Facebook page, and Twitter perch.

--Marshal Zeringue

No comments:

Post a Comment