Monday, August 18, 2014

Raven Patterson & Charlie

Who is in the photo at right?

I’m Raven Patterson, a University of Tennessee graduate (Go Vols!). I’m a part-time assistant manager for The Orvis Company and beauty and lifestyle blogger at Heels and Harmony.

Charlie is a male 7-9 year old Yorkie.

What's the occasion for Coffee with a Canine?

Charlie and I have coffee together every morning. It’s a nice routine.

What's brewing?

Starbucks Blonde Roast via the Keurig.

Any treats for you or Charlie on this occasion?

Charlie is enjoying a bacon and cheese biscuit treat from Three Dogs Bakery in Asheville, North Carolina.

How were you and Charlie united?

Charlie was brought into my husband’s office by a co-worker who found him wandering through her neighborhood. He was a stray, and she couldn’t take him in, so we did!

How did your dog get his name? Any aliases?

Charlie got his name via a Facebook poll from our friends and family, although he rarely gets called Charlie. He is also fondly known as Baby Charlie (my favorite), Chuck Sandwich, Chuck Taylor, Chuck Berry, and Charlie Brown Boots.

Cat, postman, squirrel...?

Charlie likes to play with our cat, Rosie. Although, for her, it’s more of a toleration.

Ball, squeaky-toy, stick...?

Charlie is missing his front teeth from not being taken care of for so long, so he prefers soft plush toys that feel good on his gums.

Where is Charlie's favorite outdoor destination?

Charlie’s new favorite outdoor destination is downtown Asheville. It’s very dog friendly. He especially enjoys watching the street performers.

Who is Charlie's best pet-pal?

Charlie is very friendly with everyone he meets, especially the ladies.

He’s a real sweetheart, but he follows me like a shadow everywhere.

What is Charlie's best quality?

Charlie is very loyal and protective. Like I said, he literally follows me everywhere. If I leave the room just to grab something, he’s right there with me.

If Charlie could answer only one question in English, what would you ask him?

Since Charlie was a stray, I’d ask him about his past and where he came from.

If Hollywood made a movie about your life in which Charlie could speak, who should voice him?

I love this question! I imagine Charlie having a quirky little voice since he’s so tiny. I think Billy Crystal would be a great candidate to voice Charlie.

Visit the Heels and Harmony blog.

--Marshal Zeringue

2 comments:

  1. What a fun post. I love Yorkies and there will be one in my home really soon. I'm thinking Christmas... :)

    ReplyDelete