Thursday, March 6, 2014

Druce Tan & Kimono

Who is in the photo at right?

I'm Druce, and during the day I am an IT systems manager working for Procter and Gamble (P&G); when I'm at home I am the parent of a very spoiled dog. His name is Kimono and he turns 5 this November 28. He's a purebred, tri-colored beagle.

What's the occasion for Coffee with a Canine?

I just like spending time with my best bud each chance I get. He always wonders why he cannot have any of this caffeine goodness though.

What's brewing?

Brewed coffee from Nescafe with cream. No sugar.

Any treats for you or Kimono on this occasion?

He got a few carrot cubes. I also bring some of his Pedigree dental treats.

How were you and Kimono united?

I encouraged my good friend to purchase a Beagle years back. Then when that Beagle eventually gave birth, I got one of the pups. Kimono was the eldest among a brood of 3 and he was about 4 months old when I adopted him.

How did Kimono get his name? Any aliases?

The name had to start with a letter K since the litter has to have the same initial as the mom when we want to register them with official papers. It was a toss up between Kimono and Kuma. But i thought Kimono sounded cuter. His nickname is "Little Dood", although he ain't so little any more.

Cat, postman, squirrel...?

The little dood only has encounters with cats. we dont have squirrels, he also stays at the back yard so he doesn't get to see postmen. He enjoys stalking and scaring cats so that they jump up high, but doesn't give chase when they run away. He just does it for the heck of it.

Ball, squeaky-toy, stick...?

All of the above. As long as it's playtime, anything is free game. I used to get him toys like these but their lifespan is only a matter of hours. Now, we play with rawhide.

Does Kimono have a favorite place to go for outings?

The village park where we go for walks every day. Like clockwork, he knows if it's time to go out. He just loves these walks.

Who is Kimono's best pet-pal?

His best friend is also his worst enemy. There is a black and white stray cat that hangs out near our place. They have a love/hate relationship where they keep each other company but also fight occasionally.

What is Kimono's best quality?

His innate empathy. He knows how to cheer me up when I'm down by doing silly things or give me a really happy welcome when I'm back and tired from work. He just reminds me to enjoy life like how he does.

If Kimono could change one thing about you, what would it be?

My hesitations of letting him come and stay inside the house. We have a lot of breakable stuff like vases and ceramic displays and some areas are also carpeted. He stays at the back yard which has more than enough room for him to run around.

If Kimono could answer only one question in English, what would you ask him?

I would ask him, "You know I love you so much right buddy?"

If Hollywood made a movie about your life in which Kimono could speak, who should voice him?

Oh, definitely the voice actor for the video-game character, Prinny who is Grant George. That's where I got the nickname "little dood". I always imagined him to have a voice like that. (It's the voice in this clip.)

Visit Druce Tan's website and Facebook page.

--Marshal Zeringue

2 comments:

  1. Sweet little Beagle, I vote you bring him in the house, they are such social animals and being isolated is heartbreaking for them. All dogs need to live in the home :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marjorie! thanks for your inputs. :) he's not isolated outside, the custodians room is next to where he stays so he is never alone and they also play with him.

      Delete