Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Adriana & Lily

Who is in the photo at right?

I'm Adriana and I blog over at Dog Hair Is An Accessory. As you can tell by the title, I'm a dog owner! Lily is a boxer/pitbull/German shephard mix. She's almost 2! She is quite a handful (and a serious shedder) but she's the best!

What's the occasion for Coffee with a Canine?

When it's nice out it's fun to walk around downtown. Normally it's a ghost town but the P&G gymnastic championships were this past weekend so we wanted to go check things out!

What's brewing?

I'm more of an iced coffee person. And I actually was drinking a Starbucks Snickers Frappuccino! (It's a java chip frapp with 2 pumps of toffee and caramel and chocolate drizzle!)

Any treats for you or Lily on this occasion?

When we're out and about, Lil get's too distracted to eat! She's too nosey. She did get a cookie for being so good when we got back home!

How did Lily get her name? Any nicknames?

She was actually named after Harry Potter's mom! Weird and random, I know. But she hardly ever gets called Lily. It's usually Lil. Or Ting. Basically any ridiculous variation of those names, she's heard it.

How were you and Lily united?

It was my boyfriend's choice to get a dog. We both went and picked up Lil when she was only 9lbs and 8 weeks old at the humane society. My boyfriend has a friend that works there and she introduced us to Lil! Little did we know she'd be such a handful now!

Who are Lily's best pet-pals?

Well, she loves going to the kennel to play but she gets overwhelmed with too many dogs. She sort of tries to play with my grandmother's Bearded Collie but he usually wants nothing to do with her.

Squeaky toy, ball, stick...?

She will play fetch literally all day. Even if she's exhausted, if you throw a ball for her, she'll run after it. And quick!

Cat, postman, squirrel...?

Lil is a city dog, so she hates city things: umbrellas, moving trucks, big packages and drunk college kids.

What is Lily's best quality?

I think her best is also her worst. It's that she wants to be with my boyfriend and I ALL. THE. TIME. She's needy but she just loves attention and affection. When she's calm enough she loves cuddling and is usually patient when I harass her with hugs and kisses.

If Lily could change one thing about you, what would it be?

She would make me a stay at home mom. Like I said, she wants attention all the time. Plus she has a ton of energy. Those things come together to make her very anxious.

If Hollywood made a movie about your life in which Lily could speak, which actor should do her voice?

Definitely Amy Pohler. She's really good at being awkward and her fake British accent would be perfect. Lil is scatterbrained and ridiculous, so a comedian would be perfect.

If Lily could answer only one question in English, what would you ask her?

I'd have to ask her what it would take to listen to me when I wanted her too. She looks at me after asking her to do something and just turns back to doing what I told her not to. If there was something I could do to stop that and make her listen I would love to know what it is!

Visit the Dog Hair Is An Accessory blog.

--Marshal Zeringue

1 comment:

  1. Lily sure looks like a sweetie. Loved the name of your blog. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

    ReplyDelete