Friday, June 28, 2013

Sally Koslow & Percy

Who is in the photo at right?

This is Percy, a three-year-old male Havanese/King Charles Spaniel mix. I, Sally Koslow, am his neighbor and along with my husband, we are Percy’s surrogate “parents” when his terrific family vacations.

What's the occasion for Coffee with a Canine?

Percy keeps me company while I write, which is a lot, because I am a novelist and contributor or articles and essays to magazines and websites.

What's brewing?

Chock full ‘o Nuts with a dash of cinnamon that my husband brews every morning.

Any treats for you or Percy on this occasion?

Anything. Percy is an equal opportunity eater.

How often do you dogsit?

About once every six weeks for about four days at a time.

How did Percy get his name?

I believe he was named by Daniel and Lela, the darling kids in his real family.

Does dogsitting do more to help or to hinder your writing?

I adore dogs. My husband and I had a very smart Puli, Muzzy, who lived to be 15, and Maggie, a Cocker Spaniel with long, beautiful blonde ears. We hope to get another dog in a few years, but love dog-sitting, especially for Percy. When I write, he is a cozy companion, and I also enjoy the breaks to take him for walks.

Are there any dogs in your new novel?

My new novel, The Widow Waltz, not only features a Corgi named Sadie but she is on the book’s cover.

Cat, postman, squirrel...?

We sometimes take care of Sparkie, our friends’ cat. Percy and the kitty peacefully co-exist.

Ball, squeaky-toy, stick...?

Percy loves his Kong Wubba blue thingy.

Does Percy have a favorite place to go for outings?

New York City’s Riverside Park, which is nearby.

What is Percy's best quality?

I’m going for two qualities: he’s affectionate and very, very cute.

If Percy could change one thing about you, what would it be?

Nothing.

If Percy could answer only one question in English, what would you ask him?

“When do you need to go out?”

If Hollywood made a movie about your life in which Percy could speak, who should voice him?

Jack Black.

Visit Sally Koslow's website and Facebook page.

My Book, The Movie: The Widow Waltz.


--Marshal Zeringue

No comments:

Post a Comment