Monday, June 10, 2013

Andrew Pike & Miles

Who is in the photo at right?

The photo at the right is me, Andrew Pike, and my dog Miles at his first puppy class graduation. I work at Sounds True in customer service as well as an audio engineer in the studio, and am a musician part time. Miles is a black lab and is 5 months old.

Does Miles come to work with you every day at Sounds True?

Almost everyday-- my fiancée and I live together, and we have different schedules. So on days that she has off during the week, they spend time together. Every other day he is with me in the office.

What's brewing?

Black coffee-- what ever is free! I’m a simple man. And Dutch.

Any treats for you or Miles on this interview break?

No, he is currently on time out. He seems to have an issue with housetraining, and he only pees indoors at the office, which is embarrassing to say the least ... but hey he is only 5 months old. We are working on it.

How were you and Miles united?

My fiancée Jacqueline and I have wanted a dog together since we first met; we finally found a dog friendly apartment, and this little guy we got from the Mile High Lab Mission. He was the last of the litter of four.

How did Miles get his name? Any aliases?

He is named after Miles Davis. He doesn’t have any official aliases, but he gets called little buddy and lil homie often!

Does Miles have a favorite toy, ball, or stick?

He loves sticks: bully sticks can keep him busy for hours, but he has the same passion for regular of-the-earth sticks and branches.

Who is Miles's best pet-pal at Sounds True?

He spends all day in my office with a yellow lab named Ula, and his favorite play pal is a labradoodle named Madison. We usually schedule play dates once a day in the back yard, and they go nuts; it’s a great way to calm them down and get work done.

Does Miles have a favorite place to go for outings?

As long as there are sticks, people and dogs, he will have a blast anywhere. I love taking him to City Park in Denver on the weekends.

What is Miles's best quality?

He is the happiest, most fun loving dog I have ever met. And other than a few potty training accidents he has been one of the most well behaved puppies I have ever seen! I like to think he gets his happy go lucky nature from me.

If Miles could change one thing about you, what would it be?

I am sure he wishes I won the lottery and never had to work again, so we could spend all our time at the park or up in the mountains!

If Miles could answer only one question in English, what would you ask him?

This is like using your wish from a genie for a million wishes, I have so many things to ask. I would just want to chat about how his life is, and how we can understand each other even better. If he was a human, he would be a guy I would love to have a beer with and talk.

If Hollywood made a movie about your life in which Miles could speak, who should voice him?

Samuel L. Jackson.

In a recent interview, Tami Simon, publisher and CEO of the multimedia publishing company Sounds True, talked about the dog-friendly environment at the company: "You probably wouldn't want to work at the company if you didn't like animals, because there's quite a lot of free-floating dog hair.... I often say that the dogs humanize the workplace and that is what it feels like, because people stop and say, 'Oh, my God'... they immediately move into this place of petting an animal and connecting and not being in such a rush. [I]t's a way to create that... punctuation in our day. And suddenly an adorable animal is the one that's interrupting this sense of 'I have all these really important things to do and I don't have time for that.'"

--Marshal Zeringue

No comments:

Post a Comment