Friday, February 18, 2011

Sue & Song

Who is in the photo at right?

This is me (Sue) and my Greyhound Song. She will be 8 on 16th February, which will also be the second anniversary of the day I got her.

What's the occasion for Coffee with a Canine?


Happy to stop for a coffee anytime and extol the virtues of owning a Greyhound.

What's brewing?

I love a decaf skinny latte.

Any goodies to go with the coffee?

Would have loved a toasted teacake, but don't do that any more - no honest I don't...

Any treat for Song on this occasion?

Song gets plenty of treats (whilst limiting them enough so she keeps her physique).

I've just got a dog biscuit recipe book, so she's hoping I'll be baking batch after batch.

How were you and your dog united?


I got Song from a Retired Greyhound Trust rescue kennel.

How did Song get her name?

Her racing name was Song Song Blue. I assume her name came about because of her colour and also because she was owned by The Blues Brother Syndicate.

If they could see her now....

Any aliases?

Not really, although my dad thought her name was 'Thong'.

Cat, squirrel, postman...?

Cat.

Tennis ball, squeaky-toy, stick...?

Squeaky toy. Song also loves a tennis ball. She likes to chase it and then chomp it in two.

Where is Song's favorite place for an outing?

The farm track - loads of smells up there.

Who are Song's best pet-pals?

She likes all her friends, but she'd have to say she has a special place in her heart for Richard (a gorgeous black and white Greyhound).

If your dog could change one thing about you, what would it be?

Probably that I was a Greyhound.

What is Song's proudest moment?

Yet another tennis ball chomped in half.

And her most embarrassing moment?

The time she thought she'd spotted a large cat and it turned out to be a carrier bag - some sight hound.

Visit Sue's Graceful Greyhounds blog.

--Marshal Zeringue