Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Katie Campbell & Annabell

Who is in the photo at right?

Hi, I am Katie Campbell and I am a professional lifestyle photographer. I own and run Katie Campbell Photography.

I consider Annabell the mascot of the company. Annabell is an 8-month-old female goldendoodle (golden retriever and poodle).

What's the occasion for Coffee with a Canine?

Having coffee is an everyday routine in this household! Every morning Annabell follows me into the kitchen where she sits patiently as I make my americano on my Starbucks machine. I am a former Starbucks barista so coffee is serious business.

What's brewing?

I only brew the best, Starbucks! I love to make a triple tall with whip cream Americano.

Any goodies to go with the coffee?

No goodies… I just love my coffee in the morning!

How were you and Annabell united?

I needed a great dog that didn’t shed, so I was on the hunt for a “doodle” of some kind. My husband surprised me one day and said I could get a puppy for my 25th Birthday. In May 2010 I picked Annabell up from a goldendoolde breeder in the area. She was the calmest puppy of the litter, but apparently that didn’t mean anything.

Any treat for Annabell on this occasion?

Whip cream is my special treat! So, Annabell also gets her share of whip cream every morning.

You've got some beautiful wedding photos on your website and blog. Which are more challenging to photograph:

Dogs for sure! It usually consists of lots of balancing and talking! Holding a treat in one hand, saying the dog’s name, and balancing a camera in the other hand. Brides just stand there and look radiant!

How did Annabell get her name? Does she have any nicknames?

My husband and I both liked the name and so it stuck. I know, we are boring. For a nickname we call her Annie, but since she is always getting into trouble we often are yelling, “Annabell!”

Squirrel, cat, postman...?

Annie is all for cats! Some days I think she believes she actually is a cat.

Tennis ball, Frisbee, squeaky-toy...?

Annie loves her squeaky tennis ball. Once she gets going she doesn’t stop!

Where is Annabell's favorite place for an outing?

Annabell loves visiting the local park that is walking distance from our home. She loves to play ball and run around in the field.

Who is Annabell's best pet-pal?

Annabell loves Diego, our big orange cat. They often chase one another around the home, snuggle together, and Annie can often can be found dragging Diego by his tail along the hardwood floors.

What is Annabell's most endearing quality?

Annabell adores people. You can never be sad or mad around her! She just makes you smile. You can’t help but laugh and be happy when you are with her.

If Annabell could change one thing about you, what would it be?

Wow, this one is hard. I am sure Annabell would want me to loosen up and let her run wild through the house. Since I work from home I watch her every move. I am often stopping massive toilet paper unravelings through the home, drinking out of the toilet, and chewing on rugs. If Annabell had it her way, she’d run the home by her rules.

What is Annabell's proudest moment? Most embarrassing?

Annabell’s proudest moment was being chosen for a calendar shoot called Dogs and Kittens. She did a great job “posing” on set with the model. Also, she is often featured on my blog in a series called, “Dear Annabell, Letters to My Goldendoodle.” People love reading about her wild adventures!

Annabell’s most embarrassing moment… I think there are too many to count. If I had to choose, I would say there are 2 moments that clearly stick out. The first was eating my husband’s passport 3 weeks before he left for Nepal leaving him in a bind to get a replacement. Second, Annabell has a fetish with black socks. She ate 5 black socks in one week and had to go in for emergency surgery because her intestinal system shut down. Not a good week for us. Let’s hope there are no more embarrassing moments in her life.

Visit the official Katie Campbell Photography website and Facebook page.

--Marshal Zeringue